27th March 2014
Brief goings-on in Amelie-land:
- Aforementioned butter did seem to unsettle E after 2 weeks of minimal dairy, however cutting it back out again doesn’t seem to have done much to fix that, so I’ll have to put the good period down to coincidence :(
- We have officially upgraded D to a ‘big boy chair’ and put the highchair away. He’s been able to undo the strap on it for ages, and has been climbing out of it and messing about, so it was about time – didn’t want him to tip it over or anything :S Anyway, time now to clean it all up and get it ready for E to use in the next few months… Eeeeep
- Also tried E in D’s reusable nappies. D was 12 weeks old when he went into them full time – E is now older than this, so we thought it was about time. It seems however that E has even skinnier legs than D did back then and we had leaks within minutes :| Back into disposables with her, then (the little newborn-size lollipop nappies we had never really fit her, as they didn’t with D either. She used them twice, maybe 3 times; he did too. A shame, that)…
- Remember when I said I suspected D would continue to nurse after a brief ‘relapse’? I was wrong – that was in fact the last time he did it. Sad :( I was so hoping we might be able to juuuust stretch til age 2 (another couple of months yet)… I’ve hired a hospital pump (for milk donorship) – I might see if I can get him interested in some expressed milk but last time we tried this he pulled a face and said “wrong milk”, then proceeded to try and play with the pump. Oh dear :P
- It looks like E is developing eczema, just like D did around this age. I tried hard to stop this with E by keeping everything as moisturised as possible, minimal use of wipes/perfumes/anything harsh or allergenic. However she’s started to find her hands and is scratching at her head and face a lot – same thing D did :( I wonder again about the dairy and whether or not this could be a factor… Argh.